Welcome to the SCORE Small Business Success Blog, where small business experts and mentors share tips, discuss trends, and provide advice on a wide range of topics affecting entrepreneurs in every industry.
- Strategy Development (266) Apply Strategy Development filter
- Marketing (191) Apply Marketing filter
- Business Plan (105) Apply Business Plan filter
- Human Resources (104) Apply Human Resources filter
- Funding/Loans (84) Apply Funding/Loans filter
- Management & Operations (82) Apply Management & Operations filter
- Accounting & Finance (71) Apply Accounting & Finance filter
- Legal (56) Apply Legal filter
- Technology (45) Apply Technology filter
- Customer Service (44) Apply Customer Service filter
- Tax Planning (35) Apply Tax Planning filter
- Product Development (14) Apply Product Development filter
- Franchising (13) Apply Franchising filter
- Government Regulations (6) Apply Government Regulations filter
- Import & Export (6) Apply Import & Export filter
- Work/Life Balance (1) Apply Work/Life Balance filter
- Women Entrepreneurs (33) Apply Women Entrepreneurs filter
- Hispanic/Latin Entrepreneurs (25) Apply Hispanic/Latin Entrepreneurs filter
- Black Entrepreneurs (21) Apply Black Entrepreneurs filter
- Solopreneurs (21) Apply Solopreneurs filter
- Young Entrepreneurs (13) Apply Young Entrepreneurs filter
- Asian American & Pacific Islander Entrepreneurs (10) Apply Asian American & Pacific Islander Entrepreneurs filter
- Veteran Entrepreneurs (8) Apply Veteran Entrepreneurs filter
- Rural Entrepreneurs (6) Apply Rural Entrepreneurs filter
- Encore (50+) Entrepreneurs (3) Apply Encore (50+) Entrepreneurs filter
- Retail (18) Apply Retail filter
- Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations (12) Apply Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations filter
- Professional Services (10) Apply Professional Services filter
- Food & Beverage (7) Apply Food & Beverage filter
- Arts, Entertainment, & Recreation (6) Apply Arts, Entertainment, & Recreation filter
- Real Estate (6) Apply Real Estate filter
- Wellness, Healthcare, & Home Health (5) Apply Wellness, Healthcare, & Home Health filter
- Transportation (3) Apply Transportation filter
- Agriculture (2) Apply Agriculture filter
- Construction (2) Apply Construction filter
- Manufacturing (2) Apply Manufacturing filter
- Waste Management & Disposal (1) Apply Waste Management & Disposal filter
Choosing the Right Legal Entity to Secure Funding
According to a report in Forbes, The 2021 State of Latino Entrepreneurship Report shows that Latino-owned businesses are growing faster than other businesses in the U.S. However, this good news is tempered by a disparity in how Latino-owned firms were able to raise capital. According to the report, Latino-owned businesses are more likely to encounter obstacles while obtaining the funding needed to start and grow their businesses, despite Latino-owned and white=owned businesses posing a similar credit risk.
Prepare and Protect Your Small Business
As an entrepreneur, you put your heart and soul into making your business a success. So, ensuring your business is protected against the unexpected makes sense. That's where business insurance comes in. This article will help you understand the different kinds of insurance you can purchase and how they can help you mitigate risks.
What Do Employees Want? How to Attract and Retain Workers for Your Small Business
Many business owners still struggle to find and keep employees, whether small businesses operate in-office (store or restaurant), virtually, or in a hybrid environment.
As the nation continues to operate at nearly full employment, keeping your staff happy and onboard is even more difficult. Several recent surveys of U.S. employees reveal some challenges small business owners face and how they cope with them.
5 Ways Smartphones Can Boost Your Productivity
If you’re a devotee of iPhones, it’s time to get excited—Apple just unveiled its new lineup of smartphones. Since the release of iPhones in June 2007, they have changed how we work and live.
Whether you’re a loyal iPhone user or a fan of Android, there is likely a lot you don’t know about how smartphones can improve your team’s efficiency and productivity.
Here are some tips for how smartphones can boost your business.
Should You Start or Grow a Small Business During a Recession?
Starting a business in the next 12 months is a smart move, despite fears of a recession or inflation. Read this blog by small business expert Rieva Lesonsky to learn why.
14 Entrepreneurs Share the Best Advice They’ve Ever Received from a Mentor
To help you see the benefit of mentorship, we asked entrepreneurs this question for their best insights gained as mentees. From owning your own mistakes to breaking big goals into small steps, several pieces of advice may help you shape your career and personal life into success, just like the entrepreneurs who shared them
12 Funding Options for Black-Owned Businesses
To help Black-owned businesses identify the best funding sources available, we asked CEOs and business leaders this question for their best insights. From the iFundWomen of Color Program to Reign Ventures, there are several options available particularly for Black business owners to secure funding for their businesses.
Starting a Black Beauty Business
Now that most cities and states have lifted mask mandates and people are returning to their offices, women are buying more cosmetics. They are purchasing 70% more than they did pre-pandemic, according to the “Makeup Attitudes and Usage Report” from The NPD Group.
10 Ways To Celebrate National Black Business Month
To help you best support Black-owned businesses, we asked Black business owners and leaders this question for their best recommendations. From promoting Black-owned businesses on social media to providing Black founders with more access to funding, several recommendations may help you offer the best support to Black-owned businesses as you celebrate National Black Business Month.
12 Habits of Successful Entrepreneurs
To help you develop the best habits for success as an entrepreneur, we asked successful entrepreneurs and business owners this question for their best insights. From learning to make quick decisions to demonstrating moral courage, several habits are considered important in making entrepreneurs successful.
How to Cover for Employees When They’re Gone for an Extended Period
If the past few years have taught small business owners anything, it’s the unpredictability of life. Assuming that your SMB weathered the pandemic, you are understandably concerned about shoring things up ahead of the next crisis. If you’re starting your own company, you’ll want to adopt a few tried-and-true practices to guard against the unexpected.
The Dos and Don’ts of Turning Your Hobby Into a Business
According to Business Jargons, an online business encyclopedia, it’s often harder to start a business in rural areas, due to several factors, including a lack of technical know-how and training. But the encyclopedia also points out that several businesses are particularly well-suited for those living in rural America.